|Home | Ludhiana | Guestbook | Grievances | Submit | AD Rates | Contact|
Ludhiana Personality :: Dr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal
Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal, patriarch of the US$ 3.19 billion Hero Group was born in 1923, in what is now Pakistan. After partition, the Munjal brothers started a small business of manufacturing bicycle components in Ludhiana in North India in the face of the bottlenecks of industrial infrastructure and investments. Dr Lall led a small time manufacturer of 60 cycles a day to become a manufacturing giant, which churns out not only over 17,000 cycles per day but is also diversified into various domains. Undoubtedly, Dr.Lall is a first generation business entrepreneur of the 1950s'.
Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal has enriched the Hero Group with his vision of sound business governance and value driven management practices. His foresight has made the Hero Group a leader in its business. Dr Brijmohan Lall is a role model for Indian Industry in corporate governance and ethical and value-driven management practices. His principle-based leadership has led the Group companies to receive the best industrial governance and safety awards and acquire stringent value certifications.
Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal was amongst the first Indian industrialists to effectively implement backward integration and he is acknowledged as the trend setter in the area. Apart from the promotion of the Indian industry, he is the actively involved in many national associations such as CII, SIAM, ASSOCHAM and PHD and is a member of the Regional Board of the Reserve Bank of India. He is Honorary Fellow of the Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering.
Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal has received various accolades and awards for his immense contribution to the Indian industry. He was adjudged Businessman of the Year in 1994 by a leading business magazine - Business India.
In 1995, Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal received the National Award for outstanding contribution to the Development of Indian Small Scale Industry. (NSIC award - presented by the President of India)
- In 1999, the Business Baron recognized him as the "Most Admired CEO."
- The PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry presented him with the Distinguished Entrepreneurship Award in 1997, in recognition of his outstanding exemplary entrepreneurship.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), a premier institution has conferred on him the honor of Sir Jehangir Ghandy Medal for Industrial Peace in 2000.
- Ernst and Young has recognized him as the "Entrepreneur of the year 2001."
- All India Management Association conferred him with the Lifetime Achievement Award for "Management"(2003)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi one of the most prestigious Universities of India conferred him with a Doctorate; degree of " Doctors of letters" Honoris Causa in October 2004
- The Government Of India honoured him with the prestigious " Padma Bhushan"in March 2005 for his contribution to Trade and Industry
Dr.Brijmohan Lall Munjal has made an unfailing commitment of his time, energy and resources to strive for the upliftment of the communities and villages around the Group's manufacturing units. He has encouraged the setting up of numerous medical, educational and infrastructure facilities. Amongst his notable contributions to his adoptive city, Ludhiana, are the Ludhiana Stock Exchange, the Ludhiana Aviation Club - of which he is still the president - and the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital
|Your Visitor No.
Copyright © LudhianaDistrict.com. All rights reserved.
|Please let us know about any mistakes if happen, in rewriting the content.
Your Suggestions are most valuable. Your Feedback will help us to serve you better.